- CELEBRITY ALERT: Don't know why anyone is really thinking about this too hard, but it's out there, so here ya go: Could Mariah Carey be expecting twins?
Tuesday, November 30, 2010
Thursday, November 25, 2010
Tuesday, November 23, 2010
Do you have to force your kids to eat everything on their plates because they're so fussy? Perhaps they're fussy because you force them to eat everything on their plates. Oh, and those attempts to keep your kid thin with a strict diet is actually making him fat.
This is according to conclusions published by the American Dietetic Association (but hey, what the hell do they know?), which (surprise!) found "a correlation between mothers' pressure to eat healthy and children's degree of fussiness over food."
My kids are still pretty skinny, and I was also a skinny kid. I definitely wasn't allowed to leave the table until I was consumed everything on my plate, even if it meant sitting at the table long after everyone left the table, and the food turned into a cold, hard, congealed, lousy-tasting slop.
Back then, at least until I was in third grade, my mom was a stay-at-homer, so she was able to cook real meals every day. These days, with Jenn at night school a few times a week, I’m the guy preparing dinner for the kids. Sometimes, with the proper planning, I do a good job, but other days it’s more like pot luck: “Okayyyy...who wants...hot dogs and...little fruit cups of peaches and/or pears and...wagon-wheel pasta?”
I generally try not to sweat whether they've eaten everything, unless they insult my intelligence by claiming a full stomach by 6:00 and raiding the cabinets for snacks at 6:15. Of course, sometimes I'm the one who's raiding the cabinets myself, and it's getting more difficult to hide a fistful of Oreos at the dinner table!
Monday, November 22, 2010
Friday, November 19, 2010
Thursday, November 18, 2010
Wednesday, November 17, 2010
John has a somewhat wary look on his face because he knows I'm about to kick him in the nuts -- and he won't be allowed to scream.
- CELEBRITY ALERT: I knew there was another reason I think Scientologists are nutty: Kelly Preston prepares for "silent" birth of son -- no screaming during labor, no talking to newborn for seven days. Ugh.
- Want to go on vacation without some kid kicking your airplane seat? Your fairy godmother has arrived.
Tuesday, November 16, 2010
- CELEBRITY ALERT: Hopefully a kid didn't pop out while she was airborne: Michelle Duggar goes skydiving.
- You got a permit for them baked goods, boy? Kids' cupcake sale shut down for operating without a license.
Monday, November 15, 2010
- VIRAL VIDEO: Good times: Modern Family's Julie Bowen describes how one of her twin toddlers threw the other one in the dryer.
- Bad timing, random Sacramento middle school: Officials tell boy to take American flag off of bike -- during Veteran's Day week.
Friday, November 12, 2010
- CELEBRITY ALERT: Beauty queen better get her beauty sleep now: Carrie Prejean preggers.
- CELEBRITY ALERT: Keeping up with the Duggars (or, another day, another Duggar -- can't help myself, these headlines just write themselves): Josh Duggar offers up another
Quiverfull sacrificegrandchild to Michelle and Jim Bob.
- Time of birth -- 4:20: New dad lights up joint in hospital smoking section after birth of first baby.
Thursday, November 11, 2010
- The kidz tell you they're going out for cones, but they're really going clubbin': Mister Softee truck busted for being nightlife gypsy cab.
- But I needs me some wheels! Mom tries to sell baby to get car.
Wednesday, November 10, 2010
Tuesday, November 9, 2010
Monday, November 8, 2010
Friday, November 5, 2010
- All right, enough already: Twin sisters give birth on same day.
- The San Francisco treat...does not include Happy Meals.
- I wonder if my kids will be pissed if we swap out our trip to Disney World for this place: Orlando theme park built for Jesus.
- Maybe they should be investigating her mom's home instead to find out WTF is going on: 10-year-old mom's home investigated.